These cookies are my mom’s recipe she perfected over years. They’re the perfect balance of creamy peanut butter and sweetness. Slightly crunchy on the outside and rolled in sugar, but still soft on the inside. What more do you need from a cookie?
Best part, these cookies are so easy to make!
Best Ever Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar + more for coating cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a mixer, cream butter until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugars and continue to beat until combined, about 4 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat for 2 minutes.
- Slowly beat flour mixture into the butter, sugar, and eggs. Add vanilla and peanut butter, and continue stirring until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Chill dough in the fridge one to two hours.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, then roll in granulated white sugar until covered.
- Press balls with a fork to flatten cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies have browned slightly.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to finish cooling.