Is there any appetizer more crowd pleasing than spinach and artichoke dip? You don’t even have to like artichokes to enjoy this dip!
This recipe is my go-to party food; it’s sure to be a hit at your next potluck. Packed with spinach, artichokes, and melted cheese, it’s irresistible!
If you’re like me and you enjoy a bit of heat, you’ll love this spicy version of the classic appetizer! You can easily adjust the recipe to be as spicy as you’d like, just add more of your favorite hot sauce and red pepper flakes!
Spicy Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 12 oz frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 14 oz artichokes canned, drained and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp red pepper chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce of choice, such as Louisiana or Tabasco hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl stir cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise until mostly smooth.
- Add spinach, artichokes, garlic, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, white cheddar, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and hot sauce and stir until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a medium baking dish and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly browned on top.
- Sprinkle with additional chili flakes if desired, and serve warm with bread, chips, veggies, or anything else your heart desires!